Saturday 27 September 2014

kicking the habit - take 2547

every now and then, i make a partial resolution to give up coffee. for a variety of reasons. new year's resolutions, giving up something for lent, bargaining with the big guy for xyz to happen, and sometimes just because.

this time round, i'm hoping giving up coffee will, not only improve my health, but also improve my savings. i spend far too much money, for someone on my income, on coffee. and i drink far, far too much of the stuff than what's probably healthy (we're talking between 5-8 coffees per day here).

so this time, i've changed things up. i've given myself a financial incentive to quit. for every dollar i spend on coffee, i have to donate that same amount of money to charity. every cup and bag of coffee i buy, now costs double. last week, i spent $8 on takeaway coffee. this amount has been donated to my charity of choice for this endeavour - the twitter aunties, food for women's refuge give a little cause.

http://www.givealittle.co.nz/cause/aunties

now, $8 may not seem like a lot. but, for me, that's two days worth of lunches. and, considering i like to reward myself with coffee every monday and friday morning, that's $8 a week going towards the women's refuge give a little fund until i'm able to kick my coffee habit. so when i do slip up, and go coffee crazy, some fantastic people doing wonderful things in my community are benefiting, and helping to feed some of the people who need it most.

1 comment:

  1. Well, its not my spouse, it's my mom. She always hides to call someone. I hate what she is doing. I already know the phone number of the other man and some information. She always denies it and gets very mad. I need more proofs, that will be impossible to deny. It quite hurts, the way your own mother is acting. It's also disgusting. Well, I guess I got off the topic. I wanted to know if the information of a cell phone can be transferred to some other device, to be viewed. Thank you, the information was helpful,contact him in gmail with this address hotcyberlord@gmail.com..he will surely help out like he did for me

    ReplyDelete